Farooque Shaikh was born on 25 March 1948. He died due to a heart attack in December 2013. An obituary was published by Associated Press describing him as “the plump, unlikely hero of scores of Bollywood films“.
He was celebrated for his ‘Shareefana Andaz‘ and loved for his capacity to portray intensity and angst. He had a habit of accepting that work only which would match his personal values and integrity.
Today, on the occasion of his birthday, Google dedicated a doodle inspired by Umrao Jaan poster.
Let all of us also remember the Veteran Actor by listening to some of the songs. Below is the list ;
1) Tumko Dekha To Khayal Aaya, Saath Saath
2) Chori Chori Koi Aaye, Noorie
3) Phool Gulab Ka, Biwi Ho To Aisi
4) Ek Haseen Nigah Ka, Maya Memsaab
5) Zindagi Jab Bhi, Umrao Jaan
6) Tum Sundar Ho, Katha
7) Dikhayi Diye Yu, Bazaar
8) Phir Chiddi Raat Phoolo ki, Bazaar
9) Dekh Lo Aaj Ji Bhar Ke, Bazaar
10) Tum Jabse Jeewan, Kissi Se Na Kehna
The audience never saw him a star in first place and perhaps he was unlikely a hero, but he was also a much-loved one. He always wished that people will remember him after his death. He must be very happy to see how the world is remembering him by seeing his doodle.
Happy Birthday Farooque Shaikh Sir.